Madeira Cake Recipe
Below you will find a really lovely Madeira cake recipe which is made in a loaf tin- so you have a Madeira loaf! One bag of our White Spelt Scone Mix makes two of these cakes so its great value. It can also be made dairy free just dairy free butter. However dairy certainly does give the cake an extra richness.
What you need:
- Half a bag of Cathys Spelt for Health White Spelt Scone Mix– 225g/8 oz
- 175g/6 oz butter
- 150g/5 oz caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Grated lemon rind
- 2lb loaf tin lined and greased with a double layer of baking parchment
- Pre heated oven to 180 degrees C/Gas 4
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C/Gas 4
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy
- Add an egg and some flour gradually and mix until all the flour and eggs are used.
- Mix the lemon rind and stir through.
- Spoon batter into the tin and smooth top with the back of a spoon
- Bake on middle shelf of oven 45 minutes approx. or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven leave to cool in tin for five minutes before turning out on wire tray.