Never baked before?
No problem, it’s so easy everything is in the bag. The most complicated thing is making sure they don’t burn, take them out of the oven when they are just golden. We have plenty of testimonials!
All you need is a flat swiss roll tin, a saucepan, spoon, weighting scales and a preheated oven, butter (coconut oil- for dairy free), golden syrup (maple and date syrup also taste great).
- Preheat the oven to 160 deg/ 330F/Gas 3 (Applicances vary)
- Grease or line a flat tray with baking parchment
- Place the flapjack mix into a bowl
- Melt 140g/5oz butter or 90g/3 oz coconut oil in a saucepan
- Add 140g/5 oz golden syrup, date syrup, maple syrup etc to the melted butter
- Add the melted ingredients to the flapjack mix and mix together
- Flatten the mixture on a well greased baking tray and pop into a preheated oven for 15 mins approx or until the flapjacks are golden brown and slightly firm.
- Cut into squares while still warm and when cool store in an airtight container.
Cathy’s Spelt Flapjack Mix
A golden flapjack with oats, coconut, pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- Yeast Free
- Source of Fibre
- Dairy, egg and soy free
- Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Made in Ireland
Porridge Oats, Brown Sugar, Dessicated Coconut (8%), Pumpkin Seeds (8%), Sunflower Seeds (8%), White Spelt Flour.