Never baked before?
If you haven’t baked before the easiest thing to do is make drop scones. You basically spoon the wet mixture onto a flat baking tray. The mix can also be made into a loaf of bread just add 250ml of milk and pop into a 2lb well greased/lined baking tray. We have plenty of testimonials from our lovely customers!
Is it complicated to bake?
This would be the most difficult to bake of our mixes if you want to make traditional scones. If you have made scones before its easy.
You need a flat baking tray,weighing scales, preheated oven, butter (coconut oil- for dairy free), and an egg.
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg/ 370F/Gas6 (Applicances vary)
- Grease or line a flat tray with baking parchment
- Place the scone mix into a bowl
- Rub the56g/2 oz butter/coconut oil into flour with your fingertips
- Beat egg and milk together in a separate bowl and gradually add to mix until it becomes a soft dough not too wet
- Place dough on floured surface and roll or flatten out the dough until about 1 inch in thickness
- Cut out scones using a scone cutter or glass
- Brush the remaining liquid on the top of the scones
- Bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 10 mins appox or until golden on top
Cathy’s White Spelt Scone Mix
A light white scone mix that can be made into bread either
- Makes 2lb loaf -or 2x 1lb loaves just freeze one/ or 12 scones approx
- Yeast Free